Introducing my SELF (care) secrets!
Four years ago, I moved back home to Bend, Oregon and to my luck I found myself working with Anjou Spa as a Marketing Consultant surrounded by the divine organic skincare line that has changed my world; Eminence Organic out of Hungary.
As a kid, like most, I had great skin. I spent most of my time outside on the Alfalfa ranch, eating organic veggies from the garden, playing sports year-round, and growing up on Central Oregon well water. Then, puberty. Need I say more? Crappy teen makeup –– which I probably never washed off properly –– and weird skin care products were trending like Cetaphil, Apricot Scrub, and Proactiv. Gah! Do you remember that sludge we would use?
Shoot forward a decade, I'm modeling for extra cash in Minneapolis after working 8 am - 6 pm at an Advertising Agency. Even into my twenties, my skin was still a major insecurity. Which is a pretty horrible thing to be top-of-mind with a big Canon lens in your face. I could own my ba-dunk-a-dunk and make it work, but my skin wasn't happy and there was no hiding it. I actually don't remember what skin care line I was using back then but I was using the pink and green brand of mascara and MAC makeup. ACK!
Going from an insecure teen to now, sports modeling and curating an online store, it's apparent that personal growth has been instrumental in my quality of life. Part of that growth was an education in what goes on my skin, how I eat, and DAILY self-care.
For naturally beautiful skin –– first and foremost –– stop picking! Then, consider my "recipe" below:
- Juice Beauty SPF (also available from Anjou Spa)
- Get more sleep –– 8+ hours a night
- An hour or more of physical exercise every. single. day.
- Learn about an anti-inflammatory diet and apply it (I eat mostly plants, animals, and fats)
- Make time for daily meditation
- Enjoy weekly hot Epsom salt baths with essential oils, podcasts...
- Indulge in at least one glass of red a night (or whatever you crave –– enjoy it nightly!)
- Take care of your skin 2X a day with Eminence Organic skin care rituals (be in touch with Anjou Spa Skincare Specialists)
- Use URB Apothecary natural makeup
Et voila! That's my recipe for happy, healthy skin which makes for a happy, and healthy person too which is even more important than glowing skin. Here's some proof that my skin is looking 'aight!
OK, so that's a ridiculous recipe to suggest everyone adapt to –– however, highly recommended –– but I do swear by that last bullet. This small batch line of natural makeup is just the beginning of what's to come with my FNG SELF (care) expansion. It's simple, natural, minimal, eco-friendly, and pure genius. Best part, you can order it from Found Natural Goods while you buy eco accents for your home and hand-made gifts for loved ones.
Come back soon to see other self-care secrets roll out on FNG SELF (care).